Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If finally snowed in Charlottesville!

However, I was in Utah.  I missed what I had been longing for...  a sparkling blanket of white draped over the beautiful scenes that I love so much.  I think that I could not bear it if it were not for the fact that it snowed here, too, at the very same moments.

Some words from an LDS Hymn express what I see and feel:

Pale through the gloom the newly fallen snow
Wraps in a shroud the silent earth below
As tho' 'twere mercy's hand had spread the pall,
A symbol of forgiveness unto all.


I cannot go to rest but linger still 
In meditation at my window sill.
While, like the twinkling stars in Heaven's dome
Come one by one sweet memories of home.

You can listen to the entire hymn : The Wintry Day, Descending to Its Close
In the left hand menu, be sure to click on words and music!

No comments: